You will need:
- Two forms of ID – usually a passport and drivers licence.
- Confirmation of your current UK address, such as a tenancy agreement, rent book or mortgage book.
- Confirmation of your overseas address.
- The previous month's bank statements, from bank accounts in the UK or your home country.
- A letter of admission or enrolment from the Higher Education Institution, confirming you are in full or part time Higher Education (you can get this from the Registry).
The main banks in the UK are Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds TSB, and NatWest. All of these banks have branches in Sutton, and in the Chelsea / South Kensington area, and in most towns or districts. In addition, many building societies and the Post Office offer full banking services.
It is recommended that you check with the bank beforehand to clarify what information is needed to join, as some banks may vary with their request for information.